New to XC Skiing? Check out this video from Nordic Ski Lab for a comparison of the 2 major styles of XC skiing.
2021 Proof Of Vaccination Policy
- Following provincial government guidelines, all participants age 12 and over in all organized recreation activities (including XC ski programs, group events and races) must provide proof of vaccination status. People who do not provide proof of vaccination status will not be able to participate in organized programs. Options for providing POV will be provided to those registered in programming.
- Proof of vaccination status is not required for membership.
- Proof of vaccination status is not required for unorganized use of groomed ski trails. (Updated Oct 18th/21)
- All adult programming will begin the week of Sunday
Jan 9thJan 16th, 2022
- 6 weeks of lessons
- Cost: $75 plus membership
Classic Cross Country Ski Technique
New to Skiing Class (Classic and beyond): FULL
- 16 student limit
- Mondays- 6:45pm-8:15pm
- Description: This course is aimed at skiers are new to the sport. You should sign up for this course if you would like to experience cross country skiing for the first time and investigate what our sport has to offer. In this course, we will work primarily on the basics of skiing (basic striding, turning, stopping) and then transition into Classic Skiing technique on flats, uphills and gentle downhills. We will also give you an opportunity to try Skate Skiing (optional – additional equipment rental fees may apply). Brunello XC will be able to provide some equipment on a first come first serve basis. Your instructor will also have some equipment. You may contact the instructor with questions at email@example.com
Classic Ski Open Level: FULL
- 10 student limit
- Sundays- 11am-12:30pm
- Description: This course is aimed at skiers who want to learn classic cross-country skiing or refine their technique. This course will cover the basics of Classic Skiing, including proper technique for skiing on flats, uphills, gentle downhills and turns. Equipment (including easy-to-use waxless skis) is available in most sizes for those who do not have their own. If you have questions about equipment you may contact the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skate Skiing Technique:
- 24 student limit
- Wednesdays 6:45pm-8:15pm
- Description: This course is aimed at skiers who are new or have minimal experience in skate skiing. In this course, we will introduce the basics of skate skiing technique culminating in an introduction to one-skate, the most common striding technique used in skate skiing. You should sign up for this course if you are already comfortable on skis and want to learn the fundamentals fo skate skiing. Limited equipment may be available on a first come first serve basis from Brunello Golf and Country Club.
- 10 student limit
- Tuesdays 6:45pm-8:15pm
- Description: This course is aimed at skiers who are already comfortable with skate skiing and are comfortable with the one-skate technique. This course is designed to introduce the various techniques used skate skiing over the course of 6 weeks. By the end of this course you will be familiar with the all three primary technique of skate skiing (one-skate, two-skate and offset) which will allow you to pick the most efficient technique in all terrain!
All Adult Programming will begin the week of Sunday
Jan 9th Jan 16th, 2022.
Refund Policy: full refund if requested before second lesson.
To adapt to Nova Scotia’s challenging winters, SCOTIA XC has implemented snowmaking at Brunello, which may allow more on-snow sessions, however, lessons will proceed unless it is dangerous to be out (too cold or too icy)! Instructors will have creative options to make lessons fun and instructive with or without snow, and may suggest a change of location to your group the night before to take advantage of local conditions. Flexibility is required for XC Skiing in Nova Scotia.
Individual Lessons More Your Style? Book a private lesson with an instructor.