SCOTIA XC offers cross country ski lessons based on Nordiq Canada’s Skill Development Programs for Children. The overall objective of the program is to assist children in the development of a love of the outdoors, a healthy lifestyle, excellent technical skills and a good level of physical fitness.
Youth registered in our programs also have first access to our Seasonal Rental Equipment Program.
Winter Learn-to-Ski Programs:
Program Registration Opening Oct 27th, 2022 at 8am
- To adapt to Nova Scotia’s challenging winters, SCOTIA XC has implemented snowmaking at Brunello XC, which may allow more on-snow sessions, however, we will proceed unless it is dangerous to be out (too cold or too icy)! Instructors will have creative options to make lessons fun and instructive with or without snow, and may suggest a change of location to your group the night before to take advantage of local conditions. Flexibility is required for XC skiing in Nova Scotia!
Saturday Youth Group
New this year– We want to be ready for all possibilities. We will block off a 9 Saturday window, targeting 6 lessons. We would not want to miss an early snow fall but if there is no snow on January 7th we will start programs on January 14th, proceeding with a dry-land session if required.
January 7th – March 4th at Brunello XC (6 lessons) $50 + membership
- Bunny Rabbits (Ages 4-5) – 9:30am-10:30am – Parental Volunteers will be required at times.
- Jack Rabbits (Ages 6-9) – 9:30am- 10:45am- FULL
- Track Attack (Ages 10-13) – 9:30-11:00am- FULL
Monday Night Track Attack
Join NS Ski Team member coaches Cohen, Lynden and Paige for an evening ski lesson.
January 9th – March 8th (8 week window for 6 lessons)
No lessons Feb 27th – Coaches competing at CANADA WINTER GAMES
- Track Attack (Ages 10-13)- 6:45pm-7:45pm
- $50 + membership
Wednesday After school JackRabbits
Join Coach Dave for a fun after-school Jack Rabbit’s group.
January 9th – March 4th at Brunello XC (8 week window for 6 lessons):
- Registration open now
- Jack Rabbits (Ages 6-9)- 4:15pm-5:15pm
- $50 + membership
Register early – classes fill up quickly!